Friday, April 12, 2013

Fear

So God has been speaking to me about fear lately. Mostly through songs, but through people and the Bible too. Jesus plainly states that we should not fear, that God will take care of all our problems. But I still get caught in the hum-drum mundane life of fear.

There is a song on the radio station I listen to called "Whom Shall I Fear" by Chris Tomlin. It tells exactly what Jesus said. That we should not fear. "I know who goes before me, I know who stands behind: The God of angel armies is always by my side," is what the chorus says.

Another song I've talked about before, "Need You Now (How Many Times)" by PLUMB, really speaks to me. It says "How many time have you heard me cry out, 'God please take this!'" It says no matter how many times we call on God, He will always be there when we call.

I think the worst thing I've feared is that people won't accept me for myself. That I'll let my family down mostly. But mainly that I'll let God down. But guess what? I let God down every day. But through His salvation, I can be renewed into a life of fellowship with God each day.

I hope you know not to fear anything these next few days. I just want you to know God will go before you, behind you, and beside you, and He will thwart off anything, so you don't have to fear.

God Bless,

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment