Friday, December 5, 2014

The NaNo Effect

Ever since I finished writing my novel last week, I've had this sudden urge just to write. And that's what I did. I started with a simple idea--a few paragraphs, that's all. But a few days later, I now find myself engulfing in the story, making up lines and paragraphs that I most likely wouldn't have just a few months ago.

It started with just a crazy idea; I have tons of them! But this idea plagued my mind--haunted, more like. Ever waking hour I thought about it and elaborated on it. just a few months ago, before I started NaNoWriMo, I would have just written down a few paragraphs and pushed the story into the back of my mind and forgot about it. But now, sitting at my computer with my Star Wars notebook opened to a page full of written words, I find myself doing something different than before.

I guess this is what you call the NaNo effect. I wrote a novel in a month. It's just a bunch of pages full of spelling and grammatical errors, maybe, but I've began to see my writing talent in a different light. I wrote a 28,000-word, 59-page story in a month. That's something to celebrate about! And my way of celebrating? Starting a new story. Whether I actually pursue this one or not, I don't know. But I have some good feelings after last month. :)

Until later,

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment