Thursday, October 23, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014: Broken Ashes, a Summary

Hi there! I've been working diligently on the plot of my story. I thought I'd share it here. The title is Broken Ashes. The book is about a group of friends who get supernatural powers. They then have to fight a very real threat. Here's a short summary:

Broken Ashes
By Brandon Marques

A dark force descends on the unsuspecting planet Earth, its inhabitants completely unaware of the impending danger. A single fragment of a rare element falls from the sky and lands on an unsuspecting neighborhood. The result changes the lives of four certain young people. The world will never be the same.

Kristen Summers and her friends have the closest bond any friends could have; one rarely seen anywhere else. They laugh together, they cry together, they do everything together. But after they're given supernatural powers, their bond is tested to the limit. They're faced with their biggest challenge; and in their darkest hour, all seems lost.

But hope is never lost. A man who calls himself Titus Kim--ex-convict turned mysterious hero--saves the kids from near destruction. He takes them under his wing and trains them not only in the art of combat, but the skills required for each of them to harness their abilities.

However, the training comes to an abrupt halt when a dark force threatens to the destroy the children. This force materializes in the rage of a man, harmed and beaten by events yet to come. He reveals his rage for the world, his anger to destroy the human race and restore his own people. The band of friends witness the darkest hour for mankind--the day when all time is frozen, and the human race ceases to exist.

Now, they not only have to save themselves, but the world. Out of broken ashes, a new beginning rises.

I'm excited. :D As I've been saying, please pray for me that I can actually go through with this. I am usually pretty good at spelling, but looking over the summary now, I noticed a few spelling errors. I guess when I write fast, I make a lot of typing errors. Anyway, I'll be waiting until November 1st!

Until Later,

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment