Wednesday, August 13, 2014

If we do nothing... How will the world change?

I've been reading the book In His Steps by Charles M. Sheldon. Before I go any further, I suggest you read it. Anyway, there's a quote in the book which I'd like to share with you:
What good were prayers to make Raymond better when votes and actions had really been on the side of the enemies of Jesus?
This quote is basically summed up here: What good is praying for change, if we never do anything for it; or worse, we do things against Jesus' example?

Often at my Church we get into discussions about politicians and how the world is changing for worse. Every time, I come away from those conversations thinking, You can talk all you want, but nothing will change if you don't do anything.

I realize there isn't much we can do to change the ideals of our current politicians. But we can do the godly thing and back up the right candidates. We can take up our rights as citizens to put good, Christian people in political office. We can also send letters to our representatives in Congress telling our wishes for the country.

If I were older, I would do anything possible to bring some kind of change to the country, even running for political office if it came to it. True, you may think I'm just daydreaming since I'm only 14, but I'm simply giving an example. I'd vote, send letters, and do anything I could to influence the current government.

Here's a picture I saw on Facebook today:

It makes a good point. We can believe something, but do nothing about it. That makes us about as bad as the people to do ungodly things. Jesus has mandated us to spread the gospel to the end of the earth. I believe that also means setting up godly governments, and influencing our world in any way possible. If that means going to the poor, going out of your way to help the homeless, or running for political office, we should be ready to give up anything for God's work.

I hope this encourages you today!

Until Later,

Brandon

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! And I LOVE the FB quote!! You can talk, talk, talk all day long about what you believe, but you will ACT how you really and truly believe.

    I am praying for you, Brandon!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete